Safer-At-Home Virtual Gingerbread Stable Contest
Updated: Dec 4, 2020
The 1st Annual GVHR Virtual Gingerbread Stable Contest has been designed for maximum fun!
The contest has been divided up into eight division:
1. Children 7 & Under
2. Children 8 – 11
3. Children 12 – 15
4. Children 16 – 18
5. Adult Amateur
7. Group or Business
This is a popular vote contest!
Winner will receive a trophy! Second through sixth place will receive a homemade ribbon.
Contest starts December 12, 2020 at one minute after midnight.
Contest ends December 27, 2020 at midnight.
Voting starts December 12, 2020 at one minute after midnight.
Voting ends December 30, 2020 at midnight.
Winner will be announced on December 31, 2020!
Contestants are encouraged to share their journey from design to construction to final product through photographs their friends and family as well as the voting public.
Stay safe and still stay connected!
This is a major fundraiser for GVHR, and the proceeds will go towards acquiring property, therefore, GVHR chose a stable for the competition to get ideas for stabling the rescue horses. But, any gingerbread structure will be accepted.
The cost to enter the contest is:
1. Children and Adult Amateur $10
2. Family $15
3. Business or Group $20
4. Professional $25
This contest is being hosted by Memaw’s Stables, a subsidiary of Par & Memaw, LLC, the gross proceeds go to GVHR.
How to Enter:
Purchase an entry ticket at Memaw's Stables entry tickets.
Follow this link to contest landing page: https://b104a68c.wishpondpages.com/landing-page-2596989/
Click on the appropriate button on landing page.
Enter contest using the ticket type followed by order number in the entry number field.
Please remember that "barn" or nicknames are acceptable and highly recommended for the children divisions.
Have great fun!
The Grand Valley Horse Rescue (GVHR) is being formed by eight children, ages 7 through 11, as a 501C(3) charitable corporation which will focus on the prevention of cruelty to animals, foster national amateur sports and combat juvenile delinquency.
Prevention of cruelty to animals – The GVHR will focus on rescuing horses that would make good children or youth horses, and because of the lack of training or skills are at a high risk of being slaughtered. GVHR will acquire the horses through horses being donated, through bailing out horses from kill pens, from purchasing horses at auction, from adopted retired racehorses and from purchasing horses from private individuals.
The horses will go through a three-year training process cumulating with the horse and their rider competing in a national amateur sport. GVHR will encourage each horse and rider to pursuit their own passion such as barrel racing, reining, trail riding, etc. but the focus will be the Olympic Equestrian disciplines of dressage, eventing and jumping.
Foster national amateur sports – GVHR will focus on the construction of equine cross-country course for those youth wanting to pursue eventing. The youth of Western Colorado and Eastern Utah are geographically limited in chasing their Olympic dreams.
The GVHR will actively support other national amateur equestrian sports based on the interests of the students. The goal is to train a horse to the highest level of a specific sport then after a national competition the horse would be adoptable to an approved home.
Combat juvenile delinquency – GVHR will partner two youth horsemanship students with each rescue horse for training towards a specific amateur sport. Those juveniles engaged with the horse rescue will be responsible for the feeding, caring for, training, and exercising their assigned horse which will take an enormous amount of time reducing the amount of time to get into mischief.
Youths joining the horsemanship program will be allowed in on a first come first in basis except for individuals recommended for the program through a judge, doctor, or counselor. Those youths with recommendation will have priority placement.
Currently, the children forming the GVHR are seeking individuals who are experience in starting a nonprofit to mentor them. This would be a one-year volunteer position as a functioning member of the board. If you would like to join our party, please send why you want to help and a resume to GVHorseRescue@gmail.com.
1. No cheating!
2. All photos and comments must be G-rated.
3. Since this will be all over social media, "barn" or nicknames are encouraged for the contestant's name, specifically for the children.
4. The children 11 and under may use a kit.
5. The gingerbread stable or structure must be 90% edible with the other 10% being made up of wiring for lights, a nonvisible support and figurines.
6. Make every effort to have great fun!